Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My husband

"O Triune God,
I love you, O LORD, my strength.
May You be to my husband his rock and his fortress and his deliverer, his God, his rock in whom he takes refuge, his shield, and the horn of his salvation, his stronghold. You alone are worthy to be praised.

By Your mercy bring him out into a broad place; rescue him, because You delight in him. Put all your rules before him, and may he never put your statutes away from him. For it is You who light his lamp; O  LORD my God, lighten his darkness. Make him abide in this precious promise: 'This GOD- His way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true; He is a shield for all those who take refuge in Him.'

Give him the shield of your Salvation, and with Your right hand support him, and with Your gentleness make him great. With Your perfect law, O LORD, revive his soul. With Your sure testimony make him wise. By Your right precepts cause his heart to rejoice. And may Your pure commandment enlighten his eyes.

Keep him, your servant, also from presumptuous sins; let them not have dominion over him! Let the words of his mouth and the meditation of his heart be pleasing in Your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer (Psalm 18 and 19)" Prayers of an Excellent Wife by Andrew Case

When I was pregnant with Titus, I was reminded often to pray for Michael.  If I am being honest, it was because I was being critical and kept finding fault with him.  Which in turn made me realize how little I interceded for my man.  

My husband looks at me every time I cry because my sweet boy is not in my arms and says, "I am here with you baby.  I miss him so much too." He holds me and kisses my tears.   

He listens to me talk about my feelings.  He doesn't rush me through moments of sadness, anger or joy--he is with me.  


When we were 7 months pregnant with Titus, we went to Texas to visit family.  We still hadn't picked a middle name for Titus and someone suggested Michael.  We really never even considered that, so on a long walk one warm evening we decided that our first-born son would be Titus Michael Tarrant.  I am so proud that we named Titus after his daddy.  


I pray that I can be the Christ-like love, encouragement and joy that Michael is to me every single day.  I am blessed.  On a day like today when I start my cycle when I long deeply to be pregnant and we grieve two months to the day that we last held our perfect baby, I must remember I am blessed.


This verse has carried Michael and I through many difficult times in our marriage.  We are clinging to it now. 


"Rejoice in the Lord always, again I will say rejoice.  Let your reasonableness be made known to everyone .  The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication, WITH THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God which  surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:4-7

1 comment:

  1. I love the prayer and I love your story. Thanks for sharing em.

    ReplyDelete